Welcome to Our Website
CAPAN IS PROUD TO HAVE PLAYED A LEADING ROLE IN DEFINING THE VISION FOR CANADA’S NEW NATIONAL ALERT AGGREGATION DISSEMINATION (NAAD) SYSTEM.
• CAPAN’s vision for national alerting provides the opportunity to link thousands of first response agencies with communications companies to meet Canadians’ demand for news, information, and communications.
• CAPAN continues to:
- support National Alert Aggregation and Dissemination (NAAD) system development and implementation
- support and maintain technical specifications and services
- support the improvement of effective alerting in Canada
- increase its focus on the business of alerting
- increase its focus on social science matters
- support improved situational awareness, and alerting between emergency management officials and first responders.
• CAPAN is a strong supporter of the multi-agency situational awareness system (MASAS) introduced by GeoConnections.
• CAPAN looks forward to the day when a national MASAS and NAAD operate in parallel and are interoperable with, one another, a US equivalent, and the many emergency management and first responder systems being used across Canada.